Forums » Rule Discussions » stuff

Messages for stuff

Comment Posted by dylan May 05, 2009 08:01 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but this all seems a bit much. Especially considering that I will be the one on my team doing all this checking-up and reporting. I already organise everything else on game day, and between games. Having to do all this other ***stuff*** will take a lot of the joy out of the game for me. I'll be so worried about all this, I won't be able to enjoy just playing the game.

How does everyone else feel about this? I realise that people agreed to do these things, but have we gone too far in this direction? I would suggest that we have, if it means that teams want to leave our league.

Comment Posted by Alex Finlayson May 05, 2009 08:19 AM

All,
before everyone has a fit about this subject especially the following----
4) On the score sheet you obviously use the 3 boxes to monitor your own players ... on the line up card (which should be the opponents line up card) you keep track of the other teams players "field status". Since it is less likely that you will know how to put "names to the faces" for the other team's players in the field, it is recommended that you have your base coach that is coaching on the base next to the opposition teams dugout be responsible for consulting with the opposition bench to see who is playing in the field that inning (or sitting on the bench, which ever is more convenient for determining who is playing in the field) and marking the line up card appropriately (or passing the information on to their bench so the score-keeper can mark the line up card.

---I think, and I believe this was the feeling at the League meeting, that filling out your own teams lineup card with names and innings played and giving the card to the opposing captain at the end of the game, was sufficient to accomplish our ends. No need to track the other team. Will cross post this to IMPORTANT: Email to Captains - May 5th post.

Comment Posted by gstark74 May 06, 2009 08:02 AM

I agree...one of the reasons I like the TAL is it has always been a fun league. Minimal overhead, good fun playing ball. We are starting to get away from this a little bit....I mean we need rules, we need to follow them, but let's not over do it.
I sort of understand Kellie's mail..she just wants to play ball!!! It shouldn't be a chore

Comment Posted by Dave (Remnants) May 07, 2009 02:21 PM

Personally I think the rule (minimum 3 innings) is stupid, so for anyone that doesn't want to follow or enforce it I would suggest that they simply go ahead and do so ... if you happen to have a game where you don't play someone three innings, and someone calls you on it, just say "fine, show me the penalty for this violation and have the league enforce it." ... of course if they then look in the rule book for the penalty for this infraction, they will find that there is none.

The "exchange of line ups" rule is pretty easy to administer and monitor in my opinion, and it has a purpose and a penalty (come play off time) so that it at least is not necessarily "stupid", although some might consider it making the league "too official" ... I can understand that opinion, not that I necessarily agree that it's that much extra "paper work" ... I think writing down your line up for the other team is not a big deal, and I also think that once people try going to the "Enter score" section and see how easy it is to enter your score, select the player, enter the number of innings played and then click on the "played game" button... takes about a minute to do if you are not interested in entering all the game stats .... they should find it's pretty easy to do.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com