Forums » General Chat » Statistics

Messages for Statistics

Comment Posted by ladyluckycharms Jun 11, 2009 12:46 PM

Ummm...I'm not trying to be a stickler or anything..okay okay maybe I am..but I'm noticing that a lot of games don't show all the proper stats and stuff...and well...as Redwoods nominated statistician I like to to give accurate league stats of our standings on the top ten...you know for motivation..and well I can't really do that if the other teams aren't posting the info... well whatever...just a thought.

Comment Posted by Kevin Jun 15, 2009 10:17 AM

Hey Fenerose,

We decided as a team that we would only record the minimum, that being at bats and runs scored. We were a little torn because it would have been nice to see all those different statistics and metrics. But in the end we didn't because we thought it was just a little too serious thing to do and because it might take away from our focus of "having fun as a team" and put some unneeded focus on comparing who's better than who (on our team and in the league).

KG

Comment Posted by Dave (Remnants) Jun 16, 2009 04:39 AM

It would be nice if all teams kept complete stats, but it's really hard to get consistent and accurate stats every game ... sometimes the people who know how to properly score are all busy doing other things (like base running, batting, for example) and the score sheet is left sitting on the bench.

If I find something that will allow each team to keep their own stats I will let you know.

Comment Posted by ladyluckycharms Jun 19, 2009 05:36 AM

Thanks Guys. I guess I take my job as stats girl too seriously. JK. It's actually fun for me to do because I get performance anxiety when playing plus Redwood has enough players on the field to make two teams ;p But still love them!!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com